Admissions Requirements -Dual Enrollment Applicants
The College maintains a fully electronic admissions process. Once an application is processed, the applicant will be informed of the decision in writing and if offered admission, will be provided information on next steps for registration and advising.
When a student is enrolled at Doral College and taking classes, all records and transcripts will be kept on file indefinitely. Should a student be offered admission but does not register, or a student be denied admission, student records received will be kept for a minimum of one year.
Doral College offers a rigorous academic program designed to provide the high school student a chance to accelerate his/her collegiate studies. The following requirements apply:
- Attend a high school with which the College holds an Educational Services Agreement.
- Hold an unweighted GPA* of 3.0 or above;
- Be recommended for the program by his or her high school principal/counselor; and
- Provide evidence of college readiness in all areas, as noted in the “College Readiness Tests and Scores” section below.
- Complete the application process, including signing an enrollment agreement.
*Students in grades 6-9 who do not yet have a GPA on file may be considered for admission if they have completed at least one high school level course with a “B” average. These students must still meet all other requirements as specified.
The following chart indicates all eligible tests which may be used to provide evidence of college readiness and the scores required for each:
Included in reading
ACCUPLACER Classic (prior to Summer 2020)
ACCUPLACER Next Gen (Summer 2020 and thereon)
Mathematics FSA or EOC*
ELA Reading FSA*
Included in reading
*Alternative criteria established in light of Covid-19.
Early Admissions is a form of dual enrollment that allows especially committed students to enroll in college coursework on a full-time basis during their senior year. In addition to the general admissions requirements listed above, Early Admissions students must meet the following:
- Attend a high school that currently participates in Early Admissions through Doral College;
- Have completed prior dual enrollment coursework, preferably including online courses; and
- Be recommended for the program the school principal/counselor.
Early Admissions students are required to enroll in 12-15 credits each term.
Applicants who can provide evidence of college readiness in reading and writing, but not mathematics, will be accepted, but will not be permitted to enroll in mathematics or sciences courses.
Should an applicant apply as degree seeking and meet all requirements except college readiness in mathematics, he/she will be accepted as a non-degree restricted enrollment student and will remain in that status until evidence of college readiness in mathematics is provided.
In order to expand access to interested students, Doral College provides an option which allows students who do not qualify for regular admission to enroll in SLS 1101: College Success.
Students who wish to utilize this option must:
1. Hold an unweighted GPA of 2.5* or above; and
2. Have sat for/attempted at least one of the college readiness tests accepted by the College for admission (passing scores not required).
*Accelerated middle school students who have already taken high school courses may also be considered for this status with the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA or above and the recommendation of the school principal/counselor.
Students admitted to the College under the SLS ONLY option will not be permitted to enroll in any other courses unless/until passing test scores are submitted.